Sometimes a user will accidentally change the keyboard layout causing the keyboard to act “unpredictable”. Here’s how to change the keyboard back to US.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings.
- On the left panel, select Advanced Languages and inputs.
- Under “Languages and inputs,” select Inputs.
- Turn on “Show input options in the shelf.” Your current keyboard language code appears on the shelf, next to the time.
- Select your keyboard language code.
- In the “Input methods” box, select the language you want to switch to.
Tip: You can also switch your language by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Space until the language you want is selected. To switch back, press Ctrl + Space.